Exclusive summer promotions drive bookings for future cruises
Fort Lauderdale, Fla. (August 26, 2020) – Staying in front of the consumer is more important than ever before and despite the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on the travel industry, Dream Vacations, CruiseOne® and Cruises Inc.® continues to make investments to support its network of home-based travel agents. As a result, the headquarters’ Marketing Team has created innovative campaigns and promotions that not only engage consumers but are also driving bookings.
“Our inspirational marketing messaging throughout the pandemic has encouraged consumers to keep dreaming about their next vacation,” said Alicia Linden, director of marketing for Dream Vacations, CruiseOne and Cruises Inc. “Now that people have been home for nearly six months, they want something to look forward to and are thinking about joyful distractions, such as a future vacation. To capitalize on this desire, we have continued our commitment to invest in consumer promotions and launched two exclusive campaigns this summer to drive cruise bookings.”
The two distinct weeklong promotions this summer offered pre-paid gratuities, onboard credits and more – and were stackable on top of the promotions the cruise lines were already offering. For both promotions, more than 60 percent of the bookings were brand new, and the remaining 40 percent were redeeming Future Cruise Credits.
When the pandemic started, the travel agencies launched their #LetsKeepDreaming campaign, creating travel-themed fun activities such as word searches and coloring books; producing a five-part Virtual Travel Guide series to provide tips on how to maximize a vacation experience and insight into working with a travel agent; creating engaging social media posts; designing and sending “thinking of you” direct mail and emails on behalf of agents; and more. In addition, the team has added more than 20 videos to its already robust video library, with the new content having a keen focus on domestic vacations, all-inclusive resorts and health & safety. Building upon the foundation, now they have implemented a three-prong approach to continue driving strong results – promoting the value of a travel agent, launching promotions and building lead generation opportunities.
“With our marketing department focused on how to speak to our clients during the pandemic, we have been able to pivot to sharing information about the ‘new normal’ in travel protocols, and destination-focused messaging,” said Karen Quinn-Panzer, Dream Vacations franchise owner and vacation specialist in Milford, Conn., who is also chair of the Sales and Marketing Committee. “It’s been challenging to help the network adapt, and marketing has been at the forefront combatting this challenge since it began back in March.”
To learn more about joining the travel agency network that cares more about its franchise owners and independent vacation specialists, please visit www.dreamvacationsfranchise.com for information about Dream Vacations/CruiseOne, and visit www.sellcruises.com to learn more about the Cruises Inc. business opportunity.
About Dream Vacations, CruiseOne® and Cruises Inc.®
Dream Vacations, CruiseOne® and Cruises Inc.® are part of World Travel Holdings, the nation’s largest cruise agency and award-winning leisure travel company. The Dream Vacations and CruiseOne franchise opportunities give entrepreneurs a choice in how they want to brand their travel business, and Cruises Inc. is an independent business opportunity. Both business models provide a work-from-home opportunity to those interested in selling all types of travel experiences whether it be a cruise, resort stay or land tour. With a mission of delivering a remarkable experience, travel agents with all three brands are given premium resources to plan and create a seamless vacation experience for the customer while offering the best value. For more information on Dream Vacations and CruiseOne, visit www.DreamVacationsFranchise.com, like the Facebook page www.facebook.com/DreamVacationsFranchise, follow on Twitter at @Dream_Franchise or watch its videos at www.youtube.com/DreamVacationsBusiness. For more information on Cruises Inc., visit www.SellCruises.com and become a fan on Facebook atwww.facebook.com/SellCruises.