Increase in solo travel inspires largest solo offering with savings on 40 journeys across seven continents
March 08, 2017- More and more luxury travellers are leaving friends and family behind and exploring the world with Abercrombie & Kent as their solo partner. The luxury travel company reports the number of solo travellers has increased by more than 15% over the past two years.
In response to the growing demand for solo travel, we are introducing unprecedented solo savings on more than 40 journeys on all seven continents,” announced Phil Otterson, President of Abercrombie & Kent USA. “This is the first time A&K has offered solo savings across all of our product lines.”
Abercrombie & Kent welcomes solo travellers with significant savings – reducing the single supplement by 50 percent – on
It is important for travel advisors to understand that most solo travellers aren’t single,” emphasizes Otterson. “They often travel on their own because their significant other doesn’t share their enthusiasm for a particular destination — or they simply can’t get away. Sometimes they want to pursue a personal passion like history or photography.”
Solo travellers save 50% off the single supplement on bookings made by May 31, 2017. Featured destinations include:
- Luxury Small Group Journeys in Tanzania, Kenya, China, Bhutan & Nepal, Tibet, Southeast Asia, Croatia, Central Europe, Spain & Portugal, Scotland, Jordan & Israel
- Connections Boutique Group Journeys in Italy, Spain, France, China, Croatia, Central Europe, Morocco, the British Isles, the Baltics, and Canada
- Connections European River Cruise Journeys in France, Germany, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary, Holland & Belgium
- Limited edition Marco Polo Journeys in Britain, Namibia & Botswana, Colombia, Peru, Bolivia & the Atacama and Scotland
- Luxury Expedition Cruise to Antarctica, South Georgia, & the Falkland Islands
- Select Wings Over the World itineraries to Australia, China, India or the Mediterranean with privately-chartered air
Peace of Mind
A&K’s 52 local offices are small enough to offer personal attention, yet, as a group of companies, we are large enough to secure the best guides, accommodations and transportation at significant savings over what travellers can arrange on their own. It’s also possible to include unique experiences for a group that would be prohibitively expensive independently such as a private demonstration of Shaolin kung fu by resident monks, a private visit to one of the world’s leading museums before or after hours, a private tour of Badminton House, home to the Duke and Duchess of Beaufort (otherwise closed to the public) or a behind-the-scenes tour with a museum curator. An A&K Resident Tour Director accompanies all escorted journeys, from beginning to end, to offer insider expertise – in addition to being a friendly travel companion focused on ensuring each member of the group enjoys the trip to the fullest.
Call 800.554.7094 to speak with a travel specialist or go to www.abercrombiekent.com/solotravel to find more details on solo travel with Abercrombie & Kent.