A Message from Diane Petras, CTIE, President, The Travel Institute
December 11th, 2023 – Often inspired by our industry’s resilience, this year I am especially so. Collectively, we’ve pushed past where we were three short years ago and through additional challenges since. Today, consumers are again traveling and prioritizing safety and peace of mind over simple savings,1 with 50% now more likely than they were previously to use a travel agent.
To ensure agents preserve this newly recaptured traveler respect, I’ve been suggesting they seek out quality education and they are! In 2023, The Travel Institute will educate 5,000+ new agents to be job-ready and award nearly 700 certification scholarships, a 35% increase over last year. And, along the way, we marked 30,000+ certified graduates as we also near 10,000 TAP® test graduates. A few other highlights, we:
- released new editions of our Luxury, TRIPKIT℠ and Wellness courses;
- implemented a “just-in-time,” digital publication exclusively for new agents in training;
- launched a new Virtual Executive Institute tailored to busy leaders;
- increased outreach to Premium Access members to maximize their learning.
At the same time, as the industry’s non-profit education leader, we’re focused on affordability, including both low-cost and no-cost/free education resources, to maximize our reach and agent accessibility. Just one example, in 2023, 8000+ agents attended our no-cost, info-packed webinars on timely topics including artificial intelligence, service fees, becoming an agent, home office productivity, specialization, and more.
With much to be thankful for, our 2023 Magellan Award for industry education is another highlight. Judged by some of the industry’s best and brightest, this 3rd-party, “top honors” award validates TRIPKIT is hitting the education mark for new agent training. Of course, all of our successes are only possible with the trust of our students, partners, sponsors, and other supporters. As 2024 fast approaches, I invite you to:
- Check in with us often as we celebrate The Travel Institute’s 60th Anniversary with special programming and offers, a look back at our storied history, reflections from industry leaders, and more. At 60 years young, our longevity is because of our adaptability, adjusting continuously to stay relevant and help others do the same.
- Consider your own longevity and adaptability. What are your career goals? What knowledge and skills do you need next to grow and ensure your continued value in our ever-changing industry? What is your education plan to get there? Who inspires you and who do you inspire?
Started in 1964, The Travel Institute’s unwavering mission has always been agent success. Proudly the industry’s education gold standard, we offer quality, affordable education to individuals and organizations alike. We’re grateful for new and renewed relationships, the industry’s recognition and support, and the success it brings to all. We reinvest our success to keep inspiring agents and our industry. As we head into 2024, our team is feeling great momentum and we’re inspired to keep inspiring. And, as always, we invite you to look to us for your inspiration.