Philadelphia. (March 31, 2017) — North America’s fastest-growing leisure resort company, AMResorts®, is positioned to reach the goal of 100 luxury, all-inclusive properties signed by 2020 through an aggressive growth strategy. Most immediately, the Apple Leisure Group subsidiary will reinforce its presence in Mexico with ten openings by 2020. This represents a record number of consecutive openings in a single country.
The AMResorts portfolio currently has more than 50 properties across its six award-winning brands. This includes 28 resorts in Mexico, which represents 58% of its revenue.
“As a nation of many culture-rich destinations with room to grow and strong economic figures to back it, Mexico will continue to yield significant investment opportunities well beyond AMResorts’ development plans,” said Gonzalo del Peon, AMResorts President. “This growth potential is key to our big picture.”
Commitment to Mexico and Unprecedented Growth Ahead
The upcoming years will bring unprecedented growth in Mexico for AMResorts as it opens ten resorts across the country by the end of 2020. 2018 will see several new builds throughout the country including:
- Zoëtry Chamela Costalegre Mexico: A paradisiacal hideaway along the untouched Costalegre, translating literally to the “Coast of Joy”, lies Zoëtry Chamela Costalegre Mexico. Cultivated leisure here in Jalisco along Mexico’s Pacific Coast means experiencing nature without sacrificing Zoëtry’s Endless Privileges®, where everything you desire is included—24-hour in-suite dining catering to your every need, maid service three times daily and so much more.
- Breathless Playa del Carmen Resort & Spa: Perfect for adults looking to see-and-be-seen in one of the trendiest beach towns in Mexico. Breathless Playa del Carmen Resort & Spa will feature 500 chic and modern suites inside the beautiful Grand Coral gated community of Playa del Carmen. Guests will have exclusive access to the community’s amenities including shopping malls, nightlife and an18-hole golf course designed by Nick Price.
“Mexico as a whole has proven to be resilient against ups and downs, welcoming 94.6 million international visitors in 2016, up 8.6% since the previous year*,” said Alex Zozaya, CEO of Apple Leisure Group. “Apple Leisure Group sees continued demand for more and new product offerings through AMResorts for travelers around the globe.”
Since debuting Mexico’s first adults-only, all-inclusive resort in 2002, AMResorts® has built a strong reputation as a leisure hospitality leader in the destination. The company has consistently reinforced its presence in the country by mixing innovation with elevated service:
- Rich Offerings: Six distinct brand choices to match almost every travel need, from family-friendly to adults-only. Most recently, AMResorts expanded its family-friendly footprint with its first property in the upscale Playa Mujeres community, Dreams Playa Mujeres Golf & Spa Resort. Breathless Riviera Cancun also celebrated its opening with an official event hosted by super model Adriana Lima to underscore the brand’s positioning as the ultra-chic, ultimate party destination, a first in the market.
- Investing in the Guest Experience: AMResorts has invested millions in renovating properties to bring them up to its brand standards, maintain the highest level of customer experience and stay competitive as economic drivers for the market. Examples include recent enhancements made to Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa. The idyllic beachfront property in historic Tulum updated several restaurants as well as unveiling a brand-new Core Zone Teens Club, featuring a snack bar, plasma televisions with DVDs, video games, table games, and a daily activities schedule, all supervised by resort staff.
- Award-Winning Culture: AMResorts has consistently been recognized among the best of the best, including Expansión magazine’s Súper Empresas (Top Companies) over the past five consecutive years and Top 10 Best Companies to Work for in Mexico. Its corporate values, human resources procedures and commitment to employee development boils down to a superior customer experience.
“Mexico will always play a major role in our rapid growth strategy as Apple Leisure Group continues to expand AMResorts’ unique concept offerings in the most sought-after destinations,” added Javier Coll, Executive Vice President and Chief Strategy Officer of Apple Leisure Group. “The Caribbean will also continue to be of great interest looking ahead.”
By 2019, AMResorts will have over 60 resorts, representing more than 24,000 rooms throughout Mexico, the Caribbean and Central America. AMResorts’ footprint will span 30 destinations in eleven countries, including entry into the new destinations of Aruba and Puerto Rico with an eye to reaching new heights by 2020.
AMResorts, a subsidiary of Apple Leisure Group, is the fast-growing provider of sales, marketing and brand management services to six individually unique resort brands. The Philadelphia-based company is continuously raising the all-inclusive concept to a new level of luxury with its signature Endless Privileges®, Unlimited-Luxury® and Unlimited-Fun® programs. Located throughout Mexico, Jamaica, Curacao, Dominican Republic, Costa Rica, and Panama, AMResorts’ more than 50 award-winning properties treat every guest to premium accommodations, desirable locations and extraordinary inclusions. The brands in the collection include: boutique Zoëtry® Wellness & Spa Resorts (www.zoetryresorts.com; 1-888-4-ZOËTRY); adults-only Secrets® Resorts & Spas (www.secretsresorts.com; 1-866-GO SECRETS); high-energy Breathless® Resorts & Spas (www.breathlessresorts.com; 1-855-65-BREATHE); family-friendly Dreams® Resorts & Spas (www.dreamsresorts.com; 1-866-2-DREAMS); vibrant Now® Resorts & Spas (www.nowresorts.com; 1-877-NOW-9953); and fun-filled Sunscape® Resorts & Spas (www.sunscaperesorts.com; 1-866-SUNSCAPE). Images, logos and informational material about the AMResorts Collection of brands and properties are available at www.amresorts.com/mediasite/media.